Aimed at pinpointing and acknowledging the work of educational institutions that are developing Service-Learning projects that promote active youth citizenship and integrate students’ curricular learning with Service-Learning actions to the benefit of the community.
We know that education quality does not simply imply transmitting academic content, but it demands training students in democratic participation, focusing on improving learning and the quality of life of the community.
The Regional Award Committee shall assess all the experiences submitted and shall provide feedback and suggestions on their progress and optimization.
To that end, International Organization “Interactive Open Schools” (further on MIOS) and partners of the Service-Learning Network for Central and Eastern Europe (CEE SL Network) with the support of Latin-American Centre for Service-Learning (CLAYSS) invites all primary and secondary schools that are developing and conducting Service-Learning practice to participate in the First Regional Award for Successful Service-Learning Practice.
THE AWARD IS AIMED AT:
- Collecting and systematizing Service-Learning practice that allow students to broaden learning horizons and to commit themselves to transforming their communities jointly with other social actors.
- Acknowledging the schools that better integrate students’ curricular learning with service actions aimed at improving the quality of life of their communities.
- Creating visibility for the teachers who commit themselves to the implementation of a Service-Learning practice aimed at improving education quality and inclusion, which could lead to social transformation, and for the students whose educational trajectory is oriented towards active citizenship.
- Promoting and disseminating a culture based on participation, service and citizen engagement.
- Offering feedback on the experiences submitted and assessed, including technical support, bibliographic suggestions and training material.
WHO CAN APPLY
The Regional Award for Service-Learning 2022 (RSLA 2022) is open to all public, private or social schools that are developing and conducting Service-Learning practice of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Romania, Serbia, and Slovakia that cover preschool, primary and secondary education levels, and all modalities, which are duly recognized and that are developing Service-Learning educational experiences.
Eligible Service-Learning practices for the Regional Service-Learning Award 2022 are the ones that delivered during the school year 2020/21 or school year 2021/22. Practice must finish by 30th June 2022.
The Regional Service-Learning Award for successful Service-Learning practices aims to pinpoint and acknowledge the work of educational institutions that are developing Service-Learning practices that promote active youth citizenship and integrate students’ curricular learning within Service-Learning actions and benefit to the community.
Along with the public acknowledgement of your school for innovative work and becoming the member of international community of school, The Regional Service-Learning Award offers financial prizes for the three best practices as well as an Honorary Awards.
Also, the CEE Network of Service-Learning will award recognition to the finalists in the form of a Certificate of Appreciation, stamped and signed by the partners of the Network.
All Service-Learning practices can be submitted exclusively through the Application Form for the Regional Service-Learning Award. The information provided in the application form must be sufficiently detailed to fully describe all aspects of the experience. The applicants may submit any other additional material they deem its essential to better understand the practice.
ELIMINATORY CONDITION: submitted Application Form must have the signature of the responsible person and the stamp of the institution (school) or the organization that applies for the Award.
Application form in PDF format together with accompanying material (photos, testimonials, posters, web or media coverages, videos, students material, etc.) that illustrate the process and the results described in the application form please send us on the following email: email@example.com with the e-mail subject: the name of your country – RSLA 2022.
Only applications sent by e-mail will be considered valid. Incomplete, unsigned and unsealed applications will not be considered.
Participation in the Regional Service-Learning Award implies consent to publish all submitted information and materials, if the institution is among the finalists. Under no circumstances will the submitted forms and accompanying materials be returned.
The submitted applications will first be evaluated by the Technical Team of the Regional Service-Learning Award, followed by a Jury composed of representatives of the CEE SL Network and worldwide experts in this field.
First prize: 1000 USD
Second prize: 750 USD
Third prize: 500 USD
Prizes will be transferred in the local currency of the country of winners and calculated according to the exchange rate on the day of the transaction of the Central Bank of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Prizes can be used for the materials needed for the development and the implementation of a new Service-Learning practice or for the expansion of winning practice.
The winning experiences will be promoted after the ceremony on the website of MIOS Tuzla and CEE SL Network and networks partners.
By participating in the Regional Service-Learning Award 2022 applicants agree with the rules of this call, as well as with the decisions of the Jury that will be made individually, without any review or appeal.
All institutions that did not make it into the finals will receive feedback from Service-Learning experts to improve the practices.
Award-winning schools 2021 were:
- 𝘚𝘩𝘬𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘢 9- 𝘷𝘫𝘦ç𝘢𝘳𝘦 "𝘕ë𝘯ë 𝘛𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘻𝘢" 𝘓𝘦𝘻𝘩ë, 𝘈𝘭𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘢, 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥.
- 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘯𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘥š𝘬𝘰𝘭𝘴𝘬𝘢 𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘷𝘢 "𝘚𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘣𝘢𝘥" 𝘡𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘢, 𝘉𝘰𝘴𝘯𝘪𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘻𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘢, 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥.
- 𝘚𝘤𝘰𝘢𝘭𝘢 𝘎𝘪𝘮𝘯𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘢 𝘕𝘳.2 𝘗𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘳 𝘥𝘦 𝘔𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦, 𝘉𝘰𝘣𝘰𝘤𝘪, 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘋â𝘮𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘪ț𝘢, 𝘙𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘢, 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥.
Honorable Mentions 2021:
- 𝘚𝘩𝘬𝘰𝘭𝘭ë𝘴 𝘴ë 𝘔𝘦𝘴𝘮𝘦 𝘵ë 𝘉𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘬𝘶𝘢𝘳 "𝘔𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘴𝘩 𝘜𝘬𝘢" 𝘍𝘪𝘦𝘳𝘻ë, 𝘈𝘭𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘢, 𝘏𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.
- 𝘎𝘪𝘮𝘯𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘫𝘢 𝘔𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳, 𝘉𝘰𝘴𝘯𝘪𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘻𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘢, 𝘏𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.
- 𝘚𝘏𝘔𝘓𝘔 𝘒𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪 𝘪 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵 𝘗𝘰𝘻𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯, 𝘒𝘰𝘴𝘰𝘷𝘰, 𝘏𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.
- 𝘚𝘤𝘰𝘢𝘭𝘢 𝘎𝘪𝘮𝘯𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘢 𝘚𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘯𝘪𝘤, 𝘙𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘢, 𝘏𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.
- 𝘚𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘯𝘫𝘢 𝘵𝘦𝘩𝘯𝘪č𝘬𝘢 š𝘬𝘰𝘭𝘢 𝘡𝘢𝘫𝘦č𝘢𝘳, 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘪𝘢, 𝘏𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.
- 𝘡á𝘬𝘭𝘢𝘥𝘯á š𝘬𝘰𝘭𝘢 𝘈𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘫𝘢 𝘚𝘭á𝘥𝘬𝘰𝘷𝘪č𝘢, 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘢, 𝘏𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.
Award-winning schools 2020 were:
- st AWARD: Middle School “Sava Popovici Barcianu” Sibiu, Romania „Sheepfolds in the Cândrel Mountains“
- nd AWARD: Primary school Zemianska Olča Nitra, Slovakia „Staničkári“
- rd AWARD: Primary and Secondary school Zenit Prishtine, Kosovo „Cleaning a part of the riverbank of river "Llap" and building seats, tables, and garbage bins“
Honorable Mentions 2020:
- Primary and nursery school Poprad, Slovakia „Birdhouses and feeders“
- Medical School „7. April“ Novi Sad, Serbia „A circus in the school“
- Middle School Slimnic Sibiu, Romania „Leaning Tower from Ruși“
- Gymnasium Xhavit Ahmeti Gjilan, Kosovo „Cultural heritage in the eyes of the students“
- The Public Institution Primary School “Miladije“ Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina “Making PECS cards”
- Rogacionistet High School Lezhë , Albania “Remembrance not to forget”
Sheepfolds in the Cândrel Mountains
REGIONAL SERVICE-LEARNING AWARD 2020
1st AWARD - Middle School “Sava Popovici Barcianu” Sibiu, Romania
REGIONAL SERVICE-LEARNING AWARD 2020
2nd AWARD - Primary school Zemianska Olča Nitra, Slovakia
Cleaning a part of the riverbank of riverCleaning a part of the riverbank of river
REGIONAL SERVICE-LEARNING AWARD 2020
3rd AWARD - Primary and Secondary school Zenit Prishtine, Kosovo
„Llap„ and building seats, tables, and garbage bins“